Mother Has A Warning For Parents After Her Son Dies In A Car Seat At The Baby Sitter's Home.

Via NBC SanDiego

Megan Norris, the Texas mother of a baby boy who suffocated to death after being left by his caretaker to sleep in a car seat in a closet, spoke publicly about her son Wednesday afternoon.
Megan described her son as a sweet child who laughed and smiled a lot, noting he'd just begun crawling on Sunday, two days before he would have turned 9 months old.

"I'm so thankful for every moment I had with him. I am devastated without my precious baby."

Investigators said the boy was one of nearly a dozen children being cared for Monday night at an 'unlicensed day' care inside a home on the 600 block of Woodpecker Lane in Northwest Fort Worth.

Investigators determined the caretaker, whose name has not been released, placed the child in the car seat, and then inside a walk-in closet, so that he could sleep. When the caretaker later checked on the boy, he was deceased.

Megan found this sitter from a 'facebook ad'.

Police said it appears Norris died in his sleep after sliding down in the car seat and suffocating. They believe he was not strapped in correctly, and the Tarrant County Medical Examiner ruled the boy's death an accident.

The Baby Sitter's Home

Megan is a single mother who works nights in the food service industry, while also continuing her education.
She said her hours meant traditional daycare was not an option.

Megan spoke to the media Wednesday to share a word of warning for busy, single parents in need of after-hours care. 
"I do not want what happened to John to happen to any other child. I am a single mom and there are a lot of other young parents out there just like me," Norris said, before recommending parents use only licensed caregivers or, at the very least, conduct in-depth investigations of those with whom they leave their children.

Norris said she found the babysitter after placing an ad on Facebook. 

Investigators said they do not believe there was any foul play, but that criminal charges may still be filed. The investigation into the child's death is ongoing and is being conducted by a number of law enforcement and state agencies.